In dealing with cases in research and publication, IDEGURU using guidelines issued by the Committee on Publication Ethics (Commission of Publication Ethics / COPE). As an important issue, ethical publication should be clear in order to improve the quality of research. IDEGURU adapts COPE to meet the ethical standards both for publishers, editors, authors, and reviewers. In order to uphold these ethical standards, the publisher does not have the right to interfere with the integrity of the contents and the only support to publish in a timely manner.
IDEGURU committed to keep maintaining the high ethical standard in scientific publication. Here are the ethical standards for editors, authors, and reviewers.
- The Editor is responsible for every article published in Jurnal Ideguru
- Editor helps the writer to follow the guidelines for authors
- The editors can communicate with other editors or reviewers in making a final decision.
- Editor assess the manuscript publication objectively, regardless of racial background, religion, gender, seniority, ethnicity, political beliefs, institutional affiliation or nationality authors. Editors must relinquish his duties if there is a potential conflict of interest.
- The Editor must ensure that the document is sent to the reviewers do not contain information on the author and viceversa.
- The editor's decision must be notified to the author along with the reviewers' comments, except that contain offensive or libelous statements.
- Editors should respect the request of the author that the order is not subject to review by any other person for any reason.
- Editor and all staff must ensure the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
- If there is a suspicion of error or dispute in writing, Editor solve it by using the COPE as a guide.
- Reviewers commented on the possibility of errors in ethical research and publications.
- Reviewers should do the job on time and notify the Editor if they can not finish the job.
- Reviewers must maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript.
- Reviewers should not be receiving and reviewing the manuscript if there is a potential conflict of interest between them and the authors.
- The author ensures that the material to be published have not been published and sent to another place simultanously
- Authors must ensure the authenticity of their research and they have cited the others opinion correctly in accordance with the reference format.
- The author is not involved in plagiarism.
- 'Salami' publication (redundant publication) is prohibited in Jurnal Ideguru
- Authors must follow the criteria described in the guideline writing to the author of Jurnal Ideguru.
- Authors are not advised to publish any personal information that may make the student recognizable identity in the form of the description section or photograph. When photographs of student is very important and indispensable as scientific information, the authors have received approval in written form and has clearly stated it.
- Authors must submit the data and details to the editor, if suspected falsification or fabrication of data.
- The authors should explain everything that can give rise to a conflict of interest such as employment, research costs, consulting fees, and intellectual property on guidelines for Jurnal Ideguru writers.